Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies. As my first post, what could be more appropriate than the back bone of all baked goods. Today after work, my husband requested chocolate chip cookies. "Really? How boring!" I thought. Until I remembered the amazing choclate chip cookies a co worker of mine makes! I quickly called her for the recipe, and was excited to try it. What makes the perfect chocolate chip cookie? I must tell you I was devoted to using the famous Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. It was tried and true. How could Nestle possibly mess up at what they are best at? UNTIL i tried these!! They are just, perfect. They are just the right amount of crispy and chewy, and they bake up beautifully.



Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Preheat oven to 375
  • 3/4 cup shortening (butter flavored)
  • 1 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla  (yes, tablespoon)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I went ahead and used the whole bag!)
Cream together shortening, sugar, milk, egg, and vanilla. Combine salt, flour, and baking soda, stir into wet ingredients.  Stir in choclate chips. Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes, depending upon your preference.
Cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes and enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your 1st post! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad you liked the cupcakes! Welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete